Paneer Paratha Recipe is one of those dishes i usually reserve for weekends. If made in the traditional fashion its heavy on calories and not something one can afford to consume everyday. There are more healthier versions more veggies are incorporated and the flatbread is …
Daliya Khichdi | Bulgur Khichdi recipe is close to my heart. Whenever i had to whip up something yum for my kids but was also healthy and good for kids nourishment i always fell back on this recipe. This is a very easy and quick …
Egg Paneer Roll is one of my favorite recipes. While i am personally not much of an egg fan my kids used to have eggs. Egg rolls were a quick and tasty way to get nutrition into children. Eggs are rich is proteins , the filling we can ensure is full of veggies and the wrap is whole grain wheat. Its literally an explosive package of health nutrition in one go. Proteins, Carbohydrates,Vitamins and Fiber !
Having spent a lot of time in West Bengal a state in the eastern side of India. Egg Rolls are one of the most popular snacks in the state. You can get a variety of rolls even in the smallest of vending shops. Today let me show you a Egg-Vegetable-Tofu roll.
I have used potatoes and paneer – cottage cheese to make the fillings , one can easily use green veggies to make it healthier, Alternatively one can also use meat and other animal proteins in case their diet supports the same.
I use homemade Roti (indian flatbread) to wrap the roll. You can also use ready made tortillas that you pick up in the super market.
I have used mustard oil to cook this recipe to ensure the traditional Bengali flavor for the rolls. However you can use the fat of your choice.
Egg Paneer Roll
One of best street snacks from the eastern part of India
- 1 medium boiled potato mashed.
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 cup paneer | cottage cheese chopped
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cumin seeds
- 1/2 turmeric
- 1/4 red chilli powder - optional
- Pepper to dress
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 3/4th cup Grated cheese
- 1 tbsp mustard oil.
- 2 Rotis/Tortilla Wraps
- 4 Eggs
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 green chilli chopped- optional
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 3 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp mustard oil.
- Step 1 FILLINGS
- Step 2 Heat a pan with a tbsp of the ghee on high.
- Step 3 Add the mustard seeds wait for them to sputter then add the cumin seeds.
- Step 4 Then add the green chillis and onions and fry till golden brown.
- Step 5 Add the boiled potatoes and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Step 6 Add the Paneer Pieces add the salt and mix well.
- Step 7 You can add a tsp of ghee to add the extra crunch.Fry for a few secs and turn off the flame. Set aside.
- Step 8 EGG ROLL
- Step 9 Break the eggs in a bowl with some space.
- Step 10 Add the onion, green chilli, salt, turmeric powder into the bowl and mix well.
- Step 11 Add the milk and beat the egg untill it starts foaming. Set aside.
- Step 12 Heat a flat pan on medium flame with a tbsp oil.
- Step 13 Put one of the tortilla|Roti on the pans. Fry both sides for a enough to warm and grease both sides up. It should NOT become hard and crispy. Remove from Pan.
- Step 14 Add half of the egg solution on the pan. Spread it nicely on the pan. Let it settle into its shape.
- Step 15 Put the Roti|Tortilla on top of the omelette before it completely cooks, so that they become one wrap.
- Step 16 Flip and cook well on both sides. Take of the flame and put on a flat surface.
- Step 17 Put some of the filling in the center.
- Step 18 Add some of the grated cheese.
- Step 19 Use salt and pepper as per taste.
- Step 20 Add ketchup and green chilli sauce as per taste.(Optional)
- Step 21 Roll up and wrap in aluminium foil followed by tissue paper.
Egg Paneer Roll Recipe in Pictures
Heat a pan with a tbsp of the ghee on high.
Add the mustard seeds wait for them to sputter then add the cumin seeds.
Then add the green chillis and onions and fry till golden brown.
Add the boiled potatoes and add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
Add the Paneer Pieces add the salt and mix well.
You can add a tsp of ghee to add the extra crunch.Fry for a few secs and turn off the flame. Set aside.
Break the eggs in a bowl with some space.
Add the onion, green chilli, salt, turmeric powder into the bowl and mix well.
Add the milk and beat the egg untill it starts foaming. Set aside.
Heat a flat pan on medium flame with a tbsp oil.
Put one of the tortilla|Roti on the pans. Fry both sides for a enough to warm and grease both sides up. It should NOT become hard and crispy. Remove from Pan.
Add half of the egg solution on the pan. Spread it nicely on the pan. Let it settle into its shape.
Put the Roti|Tortilla on top of the omelette before it completely cooks, so that they become one wrap.
Flip and cook well on both sides. Take of the flame and put on a flat surface.
Put some of the filling in the center.
Add some of the grated cheese.
Use salt and pepper as per taste.
Add ketchup and green chilli sauce as per taste.(Optional)
Roll up and wrap in aluminium foil followed by tissue paper.
Our egg paneer roll is ready to be consumed. But don’t forget to show people around. The yum sight of the thick roll with egg and fillings spilling out will ensure that every one around will be jealous of the roll in your hand 😛
If you have any queries you can reach out via the comments section. I will try my best to share.
Turai | Snake Gourd Stir fried recipe is a super quick and easy recipe to cook. For those into veganism or vegetarianism this is a dish that will get your gastric juices flowing. While Tori has all the usual benefits we find in greens such …
Spinach Farfalle recipe is one of my favorite. It combines the taste and indulgence of Italian cuisine with the health benefits of spinach. Whenever my kids insisted that their regular food was getting boring i would come up with this one. It never failed to …
The plant from heaven is how Aloe Vera is described in many of the texts. These days it seems Aloe Vera is every where. From face creams to lubes to medicines for almost all kind of skin ailments and health diets. Aloe Vera finds a presence. Its also heavily used in Ayurveda for a variety of medicines.
So whats with this plant. So as someone who grows aloe vera at home and has found significant use cases for this plant let me enumerate the many benefits.
Aloe Vera is primarily a succulent plant that was native to the middle Asian parts of the world. Today however its found almost everywhere. Its grown commercially and can be grown as a n indoor decorative plant. I highly recommend this practice as this will ensure you have a ready supply of the fresh gel whenever you want. Apparently the scientific evidence on this plants healing properties are suspect and yet from time memorial it has been used for all kinds of skin ailments. While i have great faith in the scientific establishments in this case i have decided to go with tradition.
Aloe Vera has topical uses as well healing properties when ingested. While I would not recommend simply ingesting fresh gel since there could be allergies in the person. Also NOT all species of Aloe Vera is medicinal. So it helps to do some research before ingesting.
Ingestible benefits of Aloe Vera.
In case of ingestion i would recommend using Aloe Vera based products from reputed shops and brands rather than try and create a recipe for yourself.
- Aloe Vera is a great source of dietary supplements. Its filled with Vitamin A, B, C and E. Its got tons of minerals like calcium, magnesium and zinc and too many beneficial compounds that will take a whole page to fill.
- Aloe Vera is a great source of Fiber and very popular among those looking to lose weight.
- The plant is know to have anti-inflammatory and and anti-bacterial properties.
- Its great for ulcers, blood pressure, diabetes, metabolism related issues and heart conditions.
- Aloe Vera is great for those with arthritis and various muscular issues.
- Finally its great for your skin and has anti-oxidants that delays aging.
- Since we are going with beauty i am going to digress a bit and also talk a bit of its topical uses. After all a little beauty tip does not hurt 😉
Topical uses of Aloe Vera.
Next time you go waxing and have rashes or redness or burning on your skin. Apply Aloe Vera and watch it disappear like magic ! No more post beauty parlor trauma !
- Aloe Vera is excellent to deal with burns. Any kitchen episode where i get burned as a result of carelessness or regular events like oil sprinkling while frying. I just use Aloe Vera. In a few mins i am good.
- Aloe Vera is excellent for the hair. Just try a wash with Aloe Vera. Make sure you use conditioner.
- Aloe Vera is excellent as an intimate personal lube.
- Aloe Vera is great for skin ailments such as fungal, psoriasis, pimples and rashes.
- It can be a great face pack. Its also a great ingredient to make moisturizers at home if you want.
Recently i made sanitizers out of Aloe Vera Gel and Alcohol. It’s amazing!
So you see why Aloe Vera is called the plant from Heaven. Its easy to grow at home and i would always recommend every family to keep a couple of them at home.
My Aloe Vera Plant
Hope you enjoyed the article. Next we will look at another ” Tree from heaven” – The coconut tree.
In many parts of the world coconut is called the Tree from heaven. If you are wondering why that is, wait till you read this article. Asia, especially South Asia uses the plant in the most efficient way. Since we are essentially a food based …
How to make Dahi | curd at home. I am sure many of us have wondered this question. With yogurt becomes a rage at pays to know how to make this at home. Flavored yogurt, yogurt for smoothies , yogurt for traditional use all of …
Soya Dahi Vada Recipe! This is one of my favorite snacks. I used to love it as a kid. My mom would make and my siblings and I would eagerly wait to eat! This wonderfully tasty and healthy dish is also extremely refreshing. Try having a bowl of this after a tiring day. You will be surprised at the how your energy levels return.
Now this dish has many varieties depending on which part of India you belong to. While Dahi Vada is very popular in North India the West India. It’s fast catching up in the south as well. I like the south Indian version quite a bit. This version can even serve as dessert. Today will share with you the recipe for the south Indian version of Dahi Vada. You will like it 😊
To make Vada fluffy, beat the batter to make it light.
To ensure the Vada gets are neither under or over cooked after heating the oil, turn the flame low and fry them on low flame.
Soya Dahi Vada
The perfect healthy snack
- 1 cup Soya bean whole
- 4 tbsp Black gram dal
- Ghee or refined oil
- 2-3 green chillies
- 800 ml Curd
- 2 tbsp Ginger grated or paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- Step 1 Soak the soya beans and black gram dal for 6 hours or overnight in a bowl.
- Step 2 Drain the water and grind them together into a coarse batter.
- Step 3 Add finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, salt to taste to the batter. Mix well. Beat the batter for a while.
- Step 4 Heat oil for deep frying in a pan
- Step 5 Make round shaped vadas from that batter and fry in oil on low flame immediately till the vadas turn golden in colour.
- Step 6 Beat the curd into a smooth paste. In case it’s very thick, add some water or milk. Add salt to taste to it.
- Step 7 Soak the deep fried vadas in the curd
- Step 8 For Tempering- heat oil in a tempering spoon or small pan, add ginger paste, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once the seeds start to splutter, turn off the flame.
- Step 9 Add the tempering on top of the curd.
- Step 10 Garnish the curd with some cumin powder and serve chilled curd.
Soya Dahi Vada recipe with pictures
Soak the soya beans and black gram dal for 6 hours or overnight in a bowl.
Drain the water and grind them together into a coarse batter.
Add finely chopped green chillies, coriander leaves, salt to taste to the batter. Mix well. Beat the batter for a while.
Heat oil for deep frying in a pan
Make round shaped vadas from that batter and fry in oil on low flame immediately till the vadas turn golden in colour.
Beat the curd into a smooth paste. In case it’s very thick, add some water or milk. Add salt to taste to it.
Soak the deep fried vadas in the curd.
For Tempering- heat oil in a tempering spoon or small pan, add ginger paste, mustard seeds and curry leaves. Once the seeds start to splutter, turn off the flame.
Add the tempering on top of the curd.
Garnish the curd with some cumin powder and serve chilled curd.
There! Yum tasty Dahi Vada! This is a great snack or a wonderful side dish and in soe cases if you sweeten it up you can even use it as dessert. Its truly a versatile dish. Not to mention the health benefits of having Curd. This dish is not just enjoyed by Adults. Even the kids love it!
If you want to know anything about Dahi Vada please reach out via the comments section. I will try my best to share.
If you like our post please do like, subscribe and share.
Most of us love writing about green veggies, various kinds of diets, fruits, nuts and their many benefits, however the one vegetable that we rarely write about positively is the Potato. I have always loved potato since i was a kid. Anything that has potato …