The plant from heaven is how Aloe Vera is described in many of the texts. These days it seems Aloe Vera is every where. From face creams to lubes to medicines for almost all kind of skin ailments and health diets. Aloe Vera finds a presence. Its also heavily used in Ayurveda for a variety of medicines.
So whats with this plant. So as someone who grows aloe vera at home and has found significant use cases for this plant let me enumerate the many benefits.
Aloe Vera is primarily a succulent plant that was native to the middle Asian parts of the world. Today however its found almost everywhere. Its grown commercially and can be grown as a n indoor decorative plant. I highly recommend this practice as this will ensure you have a ready supply of the fresh gel whenever you want. Apparently the scientific evidence on this plants healing properties are suspect and yet from time memorial it has been used for all kinds of skin ailments. While i have great faith in the scientific establishments in this case i have decided to go with tradition.
Aloe Vera has topical uses as well healing properties when ingested. While I would not recommend simply ingesting fresh gel since there could be allergies in the person. Also NOT all species of Aloe Vera is medicinal. So it helps to do some research before ingesting.
Ingestible benefits of Aloe Vera.
In case of ingestion i would recommend using Aloe Vera based products from reputed shops and brands rather than try and create a recipe for yourself.
- Aloe Vera is a great source of dietary supplements. Its filled with Vitamin A, B, C and E. Its got tons of minerals like calcium, magnesium and zinc and too many beneficial compounds that will take a whole page to fill.
- Aloe Vera is a great source of Fiber and very popular among those looking to lose weight.
- The plant is know to have anti-inflammatory and and anti-bacterial properties.
- Its great for ulcers, blood pressure, diabetes, metabolism related issues and heart conditions.
- Aloe Vera is great for those with arthritis and various muscular issues.
- Finally its great for your skin and has anti-oxidants that delays aging.
- Since we are going with beauty i am going to digress a bit and also talk a bit of its topical uses. After all a little beauty tip does not hurt 😉
Topical uses of Aloe Vera.
Next time you go waxing and have rashes or redness or burning on your skin. Apply Aloe Vera and watch it disappear like magic ! No more post beauty parlor trauma !
- Aloe Vera is excellent to deal with burns. Any kitchen episode where i get burned as a result of carelessness or regular events like oil sprinkling while frying. I just use Aloe Vera. In a few mins i am good.
- Aloe Vera is excellent for the hair. Just try a wash with Aloe Vera. Make sure you use conditioner.
- Aloe Vera is excellent as an intimate personal lube.
- Aloe Vera is great for skin ailments such as fungal, psoriasis, pimples and rashes.
- It can be a great face pack. Its also a great ingredient to make moisturizers at home if you want.
Recently i made sanitizers out of Aloe Vera Gel and Alcohol. It’s amazing!
So you see why Aloe Vera is called the plant from Heaven. Its easy to grow at home and i would always recommend every family to keep a couple of them at home.
My Aloe Vera Plant
Hope you enjoyed the article. Next we will look at another ” Tree from heaven” – The coconut tree.