Turai | Snake Gourd Stir fried recipe is a super quick and easy recipe to cook. For those into veganism or vegetarianism this is a dish that will get your gastric juices flowing. While Tori has all the usual benefits we find in greens such as good for liver, kidneys and lungs this veggie is noted for its weight loss properties. So if you are one who is in a hurry to lose weight. This is your vegetable ! Snake gourd also supports Keto diet.
This recipe is perfect for busy professionals who want to keep an eye on their health along with their ambitions. It cooks in 15 mins and you can have with as is, with rice, roti or use as a sandwich filling.
Snake gourd is used in Indian cooking extensively. The eastern part of the country has multiple kinds of snake gourd. A snake gourd smoothie is perhaps one of the healthiest things you can consume. I would clean it properly with warm water and salt to get rid of possible pesticides they may spray on the crops.
Turai Ki Sabzi
- 2 cups chopped Tori
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 3/4 tsp mustard
- 1/2 cup grated coconut paste
- 1 red dry chilli
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli - optional
- 1/2 tsp salt / As per taste
- 1 tbsp fat of choice - Ghee/Butter/Oil
- Step 1 Heat a pan with a tsp of oil.
- Step 2 Add the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle.
- Step 3 Then add the onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Step 4 Incorporate the green chilli and the dry red chilli.
- Step 5 Now add the chopped Tori into the pan.
- Step 6 The red chilli and turmeric powder should be added now. Mix well.
- Step 7 Add the coconut paste. Mix well.
- Step 8 Cover and cook for 4 mins.
- Step 9 Uncover and cook for a minute. Turn off the flame.
- Step 10 Serve Hot.
Turai recipe with pictures
Heat a pan with a tsp of oil.
Add the mustard seeds and wait for them to crackle.
Then add the onions and fry till they turn translucent.
Incorporate the green chilli and the dry red chilli.
Now add the chopped Tori into the pan.
The red chilli and turmeric powder should be added now. Mix well.
Add the coconut paste. Mix well.
Cover and cook for 4 mins.
Uncover and cook for a minute. Turn off the flame.
Our Turai | Snake Gourd stir fried in coconut paste is ready. The coconut paste adds a very interesting flavor to the dish. The texture of the Tori just sits perfectly with the taste of coconut.
If you have any questions on the same you can reach out via the comments section. I will try my best to share.